Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mother tree

From the beginning of recorded time man has held Nature in reverence. Especially trees, big ones. As I progressed in my studies of religion I was amazed at the similarities presented when the aspect of a tree was stated. Ancient religions have “The celestial tree” Who’s branches hold up the heavens and roots support the world. Trees represent life, fertility, strength, health, refuge and even spirit beings. The garden of Life has both the tree of life and the tree of knowledge, Siddhartha gained enlightenment from or under a revered fig-tree who’s heart shaped leaves are also a symbol of good fortune. The oak leaves and acorns are symbols of rebirth and life and there are hundreds more references to the importance of the tree. So I think that if I am aware of my ascent to Deva-Gati, or Tendo then I would like to live an incarnation as a tree. I would like to grow old as a tree seeing the world around me grow and change. I would like to feel the changes in the earth and to share and absorb the energy of all around me living and dead. I would like to feel all the aspects of the weather and read the chemicals on the wind. I think that trees especially old trees should all be protected like whales and tortoises. These old beings that we call trees have far more to tell us about this world we live on if we just take the time to watch and listen and learn.



In my grove there is a tree.
She is an awesome tree who speaks to me.
Her roots share the powers in the earth with those who live beneath.
Her trunk is set upon her nest, supporting all her children in a homely vibrant wreath.
Above me are her boughs, shielding hurt and woe,
and comforting all who call her home from heat and rain and snow.
And in my mind she speaks to me of the world that she has been, she speaks in breaths of cool fresh air of all that has and will be seen.
She is connected to the world, root and trunk and bough.
And she sees all that I could ever do and be and precisely when and how.
But as she calms my racing mind
She brings me back to now.

No comments:

Post a Comment